What better to do when the weather is in the upper 40′s and is gloomy out on this fall day then to bake. I love these cool fall days! They are the best for baking.
Here is a mouth watering Upside-Down Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake recipe that I made today. I got the recipe from Pillsbury.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped and peeled apples
- 1 (12.4 oz) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
- 1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch glass pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of the apples in the sprayed pan.
- Separate dough into 8 rolls. Cut each roll into quarters; place in large bowl. Add remain 1/2 cup apples and pecans.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup; mix well. Add brown sugar mixture to dough mixture; toss gently to combine. Spoon mixture over apples in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28 – 38 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto serving platter.
- Remove lid from icing. Microwave icing on HIGH for 10 – 15 seconds or until drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm.
This is so delicious! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!