Glenda and I are from different sides of the spectrum when it comes to cooking. I am a true Southern cook who loves butter and bacon, Glenda is a Vegetarian and concentrates on nutrition.
This week I will be sharing a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe, something that we grew up with as kids. Glenda has shared a healthier option.
Whether you are looking for something traditional or something more nutritional, these are both great recipes to share with the kids.
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 Cup Crisco Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cupsAll Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.